|We should give thanks to our foot that bring us anywhere
we wish to go. It pays to understand your foot so that you can better
take care of them. Have you ever realized that our foot is considered
as one of the best-engineered parts of the body. Each of our foot has 33
joints, eight arches, 26 bones, more than 100 muscles, over 100 ligaments,
and tendons that all work together to distribute body weight and allow
movement. The skin on our feet has nearly 7,000 nerve endings and there
are nearly 125,000 sweat glands on each foot, highest than anywhere in
At different stages of our life, many people will be suffering from some type of foot problems in their lives. Many foot-related problems are developed from abuse, and some are caused by inherent malformations and disabilities.
The followings are the few common foot problems that many of us face.
Cold and Numb Feet
Foot Care of Our Common Foot Problems
Now, after understanding our common foot problems, here are some healthy tips to take care of our our foot.
- In order to retain healthy feet, you must make an effort to take care of your feet.
- Wash your feet every day in lukewarm soapy water but do not soak the feet as this can cause excessive dryness of feet.
- Dry your feet completely, especially in between the toes and moisturizing cream should be applied all over the feet, but not in between the toes.
- Remove any hard skin. You may smoothly rub with a pumice stone or a skin file.
- Cut toenails with a nail trimmer. Trim them straight across the toe and not too short. Don't cut out or dig at corners.
- Regularly scrub your feet, mainly the heels, using a foot scrubber. It helps in removing the dead cells and making feet softer.
- Only clean socks or stockings must be used, shoes must be changed daily. Don't wear any socks or shoes that are too short or too tight.
- Examine your feet regularly with mirror and if there
are any defects or infections, then immediately consult a doctor. Never
do self-treatment for feet.
Foot disorders must be identified and treated in early stage, as they become very painful and humiliating in later stage. In some cases, some painful foot abnormalities are warning signs of even more serious diseases like diabetes, circulatory disorders, and nerve problems. So, do a self-check in early stages to avoid further complications.
|Articles that Benefits Health :
All the site contents are Copyright © www.motivationstuff.com
and the content authors. All rights reserved.